This cartoon by Mac from The Daily Mail relates to news that the Duchess of Cambridge has returned home to Kensington Palace after spending three nights in hospital with an acute form of morning sickness.
Prince William brings his wife Kate a 'welcome home breakfast' consisting of champagne, porridge, bacon and eggs, and kippers, all served on a tray. However, Kate has already disappeared into the bathroom, undoubtedly feeling rather sick at the prospect of a 'full English breakfast'!
1. Porridge is a hot food made from oatmeal and milk or water, often eaten at breakfast.
2. Kippers are herring fish that have been preserved in salt and smoke. They are often eaten for breakfast in the U.K.
• What is a full breakfast? (About.com)
• How to eat a full English breakfast (The Guardian)
• Kippers, the breakfast dish that fell out of favour, are back on British menus (The Guardian)