Here's a slideshow I used with a new EM Normandie class of adult students this morning. The class has students at widely different levels so I wanted to begin with an activity which would allow all of them to talk about themselves, and give me an idea of their capabilities. See lesson plan below.
1. I first handed out this activity sheet and went through the PowerPoint with the whole class.
2. I then put the students into pairs and got them to interview each other to find out the information on the activity sheet by asking the questions we'd gone through on the slides.
3. Finally, I asked each student to tell the class something interesting they'd discovered about their partner.
1. This activity can be used at various levels and makes a good starter activity for a first lesson with a new class.
2. If you download download the PowerPoint, you can get the animated version.