This is one of a series of five ads for the Neato Robot Vacuum Cleaner which could be used in classroom for various activities (see below for some ideas). Each one is based on a situation which requires the Neato to perform its magic.
1. Show ad without the sound. Get students to guess who the people are and what's happening.
2. Get students to transcribe what is said (as I have done below). The ad is quite short so you can play it several times.
3. Stop the ad before the end and get students to guess what the product is.
4. Students work in pairs. One watches the ad, the other covers his/her eyes. The first one has to explain what happened in the ad.
5. Use the other ads for similar activities.
6. Get students to come up with their own ad sketches for Neato and act them out.
7. Role play in a store: a customer wants to buy a vacuum cleaner; the salesmen tries to convince him/her to buy a Neato.
WOMAN: Hey! Welcome home.
MAN: Thanks so much for house sitting. Oh, you brought your cat.
WOMAN: For company. Kitties.
WOMAN: Mama's babies. Come meet your new daddy.
MAN: You know what? Let's go to the hospital.