This touchingly sweet Mercedes commercial, “Snow Date”, is about a father who drops his son off at the movie theater to meet a girl even though the winter driving conditions are not ideal. See below for ideas on using it in class.
BOY: Dad, I'm ready.
DAD: Did you look outside.
MUM: Take him.
DAD: Sure is coming down.
BOY: She'll be there.
VOICEOVER: Mercedes Benz. The best or nothing.
1. Pause the ad at 16s and get students to say where they think the boy is going.
2. Pause at 55s. How does the boy feel?
3. Pause at 1m02s. How will the ad end?
4. Pause at 1m18s. How does the boy feel now?
5. How did the ad make you feel? Was it effective?
6. Talk about the weather (snowy, icy, blizzard, snowstorm, etc.)
7. Talk about first dates, dating, etc. (go out with sb, go on a date, to date, to be dating, to stand sb up, etc.)
Some of you may be more familiar with Adele's version of the song, which was on her debut studio album 19 back in 2008. However, “Make You Feel My Love” was originally written by Bob Dylan, and this version is by Sleeping At Last.