The cartoon is a parody of a bottled water ad (the bottle is clearly based on Evian). However, one bottle costs $2,000,000 (plus shipping!) In the background, we can see the rocky Martian landscape and a Mars rover. The slogan is "Fresher Than Anything On Earth".
The cartoon seems to be a comment on the exorbitant cost of bottled water as well as a comment on our consumer society, in which there seems to be a market for any product, however expensive.
1. Spring water has nothing to do with the season of Spring, it's water from a spring, or underground source, as opposed to river water or rainwater.
2. $2,000,000 is said "two million dollars".
3. Per means 'for each'. • The price of petrol in the UK is currently around £1.11 per litre.
4. Martian is pronounced 'mar-shun'.
5. Shipping is the cost of sending goods from one place to another.
• Marketing Wrecks a Space Mission in Another Hilarious Adobe Ad (Creativity)
• Mars Shows Signs of Having Flowing Water (New York Times)