In this excellent new ad for the Renault Espace, Oscar-winning American actor Kevin Spacey references three of his most famous roles. Can you identify them? (see below for answers). I've also added a textivate activity below based on the transcript. Click here for more activities.
1. Spacey is following in the footsteps of George Clooney, who is famous in Europe for his appearance in a long-running series of ads for Nespresso coffee. These ads are not shown in the USA so the American public doesn't know they're selling out! (You may remember the movie Lost in Translation, where Bill Murray plays an American actor who goes to Japan to film an ad for Japanese whisky).
2. I think the fact that 'Espace' and 'Spacey' are just one letter different is just a happy coincidence, but I may be wrong.
3. You can find five short films in which Kevin Spacey talks about his acting career on the Renault Espace site.
• Kevin Spacey Does a Round Up of His Greatest Roles in New Renault Espace Ad (autoevolution)
ANSWERS TO QUIZ
1. Lester Burnham (American Beauty)
2. Roger "Verbal" Kint (The Usual Suspects)
3. Frank Underwood (House of Cards)