We've all heard about the amazing perks some companies offer their staff. But how much do you really know about a company before you sign on the dotted line and turn up for your first day? Seek's new company reviews tool lets you uncover what a company is really like to work for - from the people who've actually worked there. Here's their ad.
BOSS: You are absolutely going to love working here Nathan, it is super fabulous. Hey! It's Bunny Day today. My idea. How good is that? And next week we've got Cat Day. Then Dog Day. We have teleconferences in the ball pit. Everyone gets a Segway. You are gonna love that. And we have beach meetings. That's fantastic. It is the best place ever.
VOICEOVER: Seek company reviews. Real reviews by real employees.
This video would be a good discussion starter for the topic of corporate perks and rewards. Why do companies offer them? Are they they a good or bad thing?
Give students in groups a list of corporate perks and get them to put them in order of desirability (see below for ideas).
• Seek launches company reviews for jobseekers (Sydney Morning Herald)
• Seek promotes its new company reviews tool in a new campaign (Campaign Brief)
• 14 Companies with Incredible Employee Perks (Salary.com)
• 17 Companies With Awesome Perks That Will Make You Jealous (Business Insider)
• 21 Employee Perks That Attract The Best Talent (Forbes)