It's still only November 1st but the Christmas ads have already started to appear. This one is for Temptations cat treats. You can find some interesting information about how they made the ad on Adweek. And see below for some ideas on using the ad in class.
1. Pause the ad after two seconds and ask the class what they think is under the sheet.
2. Pause the ad again at 37 seconds and ask the class to note down all the Christmas-related things they saw (they could do this in groups).
3. Pause the ad at 56 seconds, and ask the class how they think the ad will end.
4. Pause the ad one final time at 1m 09s (with the 'Keep them busy ...' slogan on the screen), and ask the class what they think the ad is for.
5. Play the ad once through without stopping to get the full effect.
• Why does it say 'Keep them busy this holiday season' and not 'Keep them busy this Christmas' (a much catchier and alliterative slogan).
• Ask students to rate the ad (one to five stars) and justify their rating.
If you have any other ideas, don't hesitate to comment below!