I reviewed the excellent Newsela website last April (see here), and they've just released a free app for iOS. This is great news for learners of English, who can now use the service to improve their reading skills by reading news articles at different levels on mobile devices. Watch the video and read the description below to find out more.
With the Newsela app, you can:
- Receive four new articles a day from top news sources like the Washington Post, Associated Press, and Scientific American.
- Browse and search an entire library of leveled articles both online or offline.
- Adjust the reading level with a simple two-finger swipe.
- Take quizzes both online or offline.
- Track and view your progress in real-time.
Although Newsela is not primarily aimed at non-native learners of English, it's perfect for anyone who needs to improve reading skills of the sort tested on the TOEFL and GMAT exams. And the way you can switch from one reading level to another with a two-finger swipe is incredibly impressive.