Here's a new ad that would make an excellent classroom discussion starter on topics such as the ageing population, the problem of loneliness, and robot workers. It was created by the agency CLM BBDO for the Society of Saint-Vincent-de-Paul, a Paris-based charity organization. Adweek has a great article that gives some background and analysis.
CLAUDINE: Thank you Ben.
BEN: You're welcome, Claudine.
BEN: Claudine, would you like to get up now? Claudine, this is Ben. I am here to assist you.
BEN: Claudine, you were unresponsive this morning. I have notified Doctor Martin.
CLAUDINE: Ben, I'm sorry. I just needed that moment this morning. I ...
BEN: Would you like to watch some TV, Claudine? Claudine, would you like to dance?
• What's your reaction to the ad?
• Did you find it depressing? Sad?
• How would you feel if your caregiver was a robot?
• What are the pros and cons of domestic robots?
• Why is loneliness such a big problem in society nowadays?
• Is it just old people who suffer from loneliness?
• What can be done about the problem of loneliness?